Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Actron CP9550 Excellent Reference Tool.

Actron CP9550 Excellent Reference Tool.
Let's face it, cars are more complicated and as a result are longer lasting and yet can be problematic. Unlike pre-computer days when you could fix it yourself, now you must first know the Symptom to the "Check Engine Light". I could have purchased a much more expensive unit that would give me more Information. Fact of the matter is too much info can be just that. I plugged the unit in to the OBD port, it listed the Code and in 30 seconds the problem was resolved and the code was erased. The last time a trouble code came up I took it to the repair shop 5 minutes and $70 later he cleared the code and told me "did you know the PCV hose was disconnected". I had just finished servicing the Air filter, so "DUH" I messed up and pulled the connection loose when I lifted the cover off the Filter housing. That won't happen again with this little jewel. Do yourself a favor and get a "Code Reader" and save from now on. Eliminate those simple "OOPS, I Screwed Up" and save some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment